Hi! My name is Michael and I am the owner, the maker, the stress-eater, the number-cruncher, the big cheese (or medium-sized cheese) and the "Who" behind Summit Goods Company, LLC. I am the person who loves making and the guy who eats, breathes, and sleeps all things leather, wood, and waxed canvas. I love being a Maker and I especially love seeing raw materials transform into tangible products our customers can use everyday!
So here's a little bit about me:
- I was born and raised in Coppell, Texas (about 20 minutes north of good ole Dallas)
- Despite living there for the vast majority of my life, I never picked up the stereotypical "Texan accent." I can fake it very well, though.
- I love Mexican food and all-that-is Tex-Mex. I can definitely be a snob about it, especially now that I live up in the great state of Pennsylvania. If you are ever in my hood back in the big TX, visit Anamia's Tex-Mex...their food is soooo good!
- I also love chicken-fried steak! And for anyone who is like "WTF is chicken-fried steak?"...It's probably the most delicious thing in the world! It's tenderized steak, dipped in batter (similar to batter used for fried chicken) and deep-fried to perfection. Trust me when I say it's awesome...for the best chicken-fried steak...visit Babe's Chicken....you won't regret it!
- I graduated from Baylor University....Sic'em! and then I moved up north to delay "adulting" by getting a Masters degree. I figured that was the most productive way to delay the pangs of being an adult.
- As a child, I always had a knack for taking things a part only to put them back together just for curiosity's sake. Somehow though, I always ended up with extra screws in the end. Oh well!
- I love drawing, designing, and tinkering with anything I can get my hands on.
- I have the best son a father could ever ask for...no really....he is the BEST!
- I am head-over-heals with my better half, Danielle...without her I wouldn't be the man I am today. Also, she's the absolute BEST wedding coordinator anyone could ask for...check her out at DPNAK Events.
So, really....that's me in a nutshell. I love what I do and I am honored to share my gift with all of you! Thanks for stopping by and I am stoked that you took time to visit our shop and get to know us a little more!